Monday, January 5, 2015

METAL KIDS


 
Beneath the National Army monument
the Metal kids slump on shady stairs
in different tones of tired cotton:
Guns N’ Roses, ACDC, Marilyn Manson,
a painting stuffed into a bursting
Metal Kid backpack,
purple and red
across cardboard.
They are Drinking Shumenko,
peeling gold foil back
from tall green bottles,
throwing it at the roller-bladers
and screeching.
My face is a furnace.
Please don’t do things
just to not disappoint me.
Please don’t disappoint me more.
Your girlfriend has a face
made of such fragile bones
that I am almost more in love
with her than you –
how could I not love
a thing that you do?
How can I explain
the extinguished YOLO feeling,
the trapped, deflated balloon 
to such a stoic face?
What does YOLO look like
in all-caps Cyrillic?
The Metal Kids switch ponytails 
to braid, smash bottles, 
screeching, slump lower 
against eachother's 
knees.

1 comment: